samedi 12 janvier 2008

I am back.



Much has happened in the past little while. My father passed away and I discovered that knitting is good therapy. I kept the scarf that I had made him for christmas and even though he never got the chance to see it, I will wear it and think of him because I'm sure it would have made him happy.



One thing I really missed while I was away was the keeper of my yarn.




She is good at keeping my projects and my lap nice and warm. Sure its frustrating to stand out in the cold while she barks at strangers that ignore her cuteness instead of doing her business, but the truth is, I cannot live without my weiner.



I was pretty busy during the holidays. Busy knitting that is. I managed to finish many projects including the previously seen Noro scarf.


I have to say I love this scarf. Its my favorite scarf ever. I've been knitting for 2 years now and I don't know why I never knit myself a scarf until now. Perhaps because I was waiting for this beauty to enter my life.







I also knit myself a bandana hat. I bought this fleece artist kit at Lk Yarns a while back. I liked the look of the pattern and the colour of the yarn. I wasn't sure this hat would really uit me or my style but I think it turned out pretty good. When I put it on, I usually don't want to take it off. So I am pretty happy. Fleece artist makes some mighty fine yarn.






















Finally, I made a hat for the boyfriend. He had requested llama and some yellow so I obliged. I have made this hat before so it didn't take very long to make because I knew what to avoid. Anyway it turned out pretty nice and he was quite happy to receive it.




























The holidays also means one thing: stash growth. While I was home I visited 2 yarn stores. One was weird and mostly carried Phildar yarns. The other was the fabulous Yarn Forward which I discovered last summer. While there I decided to buy some Cascade 220 to make myself a bag. I also bought some Jawoll Superwash sock yarn from Lang.

I'm not sure what pattern I will make out of these but I have a few ideas. These colours were just too good to pass up.



My stash has also grown because I received 3 lovely skeins of yarn straight from Argentina. I think its from a company named Yanabey. I don't know what they are made of. I suspect that there is some acrylic in them but they are kinda nice regardless. I think I will make these into a blanket. All I need to do is find some charts with llamas and traditional South American designs and stuff. Perhaps some day I will take a fiber related trip down there. Something to add to my ever growing to-do list.








And thus my stash is now in quite the state of disarray. Unlike some lucky people I do not have a handy chest to stock my yarn in. Maybe once I get school work out of the way I can figure out how to stash all this delicious yarn in a more beautiful fashion.




1 commentaire:

Miss Knit a dit…

Excellent! I'm glad to see you back in action!
I have to say, stash enchancement is one of my favourite activities - I've never knit with Jawoll. You'll have to create something fabulous and write a review. A fancy sock perhaps?