dimanche 20 janvier 2008

No, these are not hot pants.
In an attempt to distract myself by the sweater fever I've been having in the past couple of weeks, I started knitting a bag. I've never knit a bag before because knit bags make me kind of nervous with all their holes and stuff. But then I found a free pattern on the Interweave website and I was sold.
I decided to make this out of Cascade 220 because it has such a great array of colours to choose from. I wasn't sure the purple would work with this but I think I really like this thing.
It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.


Today, I made my way to the craft store to pick up some yarn I had spotted the last time I was there. I knew it was on sale so I decided to go for it. When I was home last summer I found some old books full of patterns. I stole one because there was a hoodie in it that I really liked named Gopak. When I saw this Moda Dea Tweedle Dea yarn I really liked it and immediately thought of Gopak. Anyway, I bought 6 balls of this today because that was all that they had. I know its not enough for a sweater but I figure I might venture out there on the bus again sometime this week to get some more. However, I've encountered a slight problem. I cannot seem to locate Gopak. I looked everywhere, turned everything upside-down and Gopak and nowhere to be found. This makes me sad for several reasons. 1) My apartment is mess because my life is a mess. 2) I really liked that pattern and really wanted to make it. I guess I'm just going to have to try to design it myself now.

1 commentaire:

Miss Knit a dit…

I have sweater fever too - but I'm crippled by a) all that turquoise b) what if I hate it in the end and c) I can't seem to find the right pattern. IMaybe I should just stick to socks.